September 25, 2012

LAYOUT ARTIST COMPETITION 2012 AT DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING STUDIO


I should have blogged about this special event from the time it started but I never thought I could come this far.  I made to the FINAL ROUND of the 2012 LAYOUT ARTIST COMPETITION AT THE STUDIO!! Could you believe that? I honestly never thought I will make it to the finals.  I know very few people there and I see fewer comments on my work, still I made it.  Thank you so much  to my friends , creative team members who know and supported me and the designers who voted for me. Let me show you the kits and layouts from the start of the contest
ROUND 1
I was honestly disappointed at first.  Not because of the kit but because the first thing that came to my mind is I have to make a boy layout.  I am not really good in making boy layouts.hihi. I am quiite scared to make it look girlie. I am glad I made it through the next round though. Here is what I did. Thanks to my model... 
our grandson Aiden
ROUND 2
This time we are asked to use a template
BY
AIMEE HARRISON DESIGN STUDIOS
Again , I was worried at first glance. It's only recently that I enjoyed using templates but I don't know if I am good at templates already.  I am glad though that it is better to use the templates as is so it could be recognized .  That's what I do. This time... thank you to our adorable twin grand daughters for making me move on to the next round and of course to Aimee for her gorgeous templates. Will definitely use the others again. I would like to give credits to  the following.  They are kits and designers who entered for the Next Designer Contest 2012 also at the Studio. 
The main kit I used is Moonrise Lullaby by Queen Bee Scraps
The blue and white flowers and the paper mat for small photos and lavender button are from Moonrise by EM
Got the stars scatter and fern leaves from Blue Moon by Jessica’s Sweet Nothings
Beige brad and leaves from Under The Moon by Keep In Touch Designs

ROUND 3
This time we were asked to make a layout
with these gorgeous collab
This time I feel more relaxed because I love the autumn colors. I love everything in the collab. The problem is
I want perfect pictures and I personally don't have some. I wanted it to be autumn themed but we don't have autumn here. LOL. I know that my friend Linda Perrota has lots of them so I used photos of Joelle. Thank you Linda for opening your gallery to me. Big Big Hugs to you.  .  Basing it on all the comments I got from the shop,  I am happy with what I did. hihihi

THE FINAL ROUND
Now we do the
SEPTEMBER 2012 MEGA:OLD SCHOOL
BY THE STUDIO DESIGNERS
At first, I felt sad. When you say "old school", the perfect photos I need should be something old or vintage. I don't have them. I lost my old school pics. My children's photos are not digital.  Our scanner was not installed yet. But I remember what one designer I used to CT for (Stephanne Moorehead of Snips and Snails Designs) advised me. I don't always have to use photos that matches the title or the theme of the kit. As a CT it is good to show the versatility of the kit you are using . Well, my photos are not old but they go with the theme "school". hihi. Thanks again to my friend Linda Perrota for my first layout. I used her grandson Luke's pictures. The second layout is of course, our Princess Iya.

Credits:
ADB Designs
Aimee Harrison Design Studio
Design by Ambershaw
Digilicious Designs
Janet B Designs
Linda Cumberland Designs
Nibbles Skribbles
Photos are from my friend Linda Perrota
Font is Tommy's First Alphabet
Credits:
The Urban Fairy
Sweet Made Inc.
Snickerdoodle Designs
Scrappy Cocoa
Piggy Scraps Designs
Mad Genius Designs
Nursery font is Sweetie Pie
I don't know if I will win but one thing I am very sure of is I had so much fun.  The contest help me improve my skills. It challenged me to be a better scrapper . Thank you so much for having contests like this. I am not surprised why there are a lot of participants.  You store is full of fantastic designers .  Any scrapper would  want to be part of your creative team. Thank you for giving us the chance.  
MORE POWER TO THE STUDIO

HAPPY SCRAPPING
GOD BLESS YOU ALL

No comments: