April 15, 2008

THE PARTY!


April 15, 20, 2008

I was awfully tired yesterday after a whole day party celebration of my hubby’s birthday last April 13 so my husband and I decided to go out after his half day Seminar at Bethel Hotel , went window shopping and treated himself for a couple of new pairs of shoes . They were on sale though. HAHAHA!

Anyway, the party was a success. It started with an early 5 a.m. serenade from his sisters and some nieces and nephews, his brother-in-law Ronnie and a guest pastor( sorry I couldn’t remember his name). Thank you so much to Salome, Ronnie and their daughter Selah for taking a 6 hour trip from Bacolod City ( but with Ronnie’s driving skills, I know it was lesser. Hahaha) just to be with us. We had puto and chocolate, very hot pandesal , piyaya (a famous Bacolod delicacy) and real hot coffee. Then we separated to prepare food for the real party at 12PM.

12PM: It’s party time! The roast pig ( lechon) came in time. Guests started coming in and food started pouring. HAHAHA! I would like to give thanks to my sister-in-law Dutchie and her daughter Minette for helping me prepare the chocolate cake and macaroons (w/c we enjoyed eating the night before hahaha while chatting till almost 12 midnight); for also cooking the native chicken soup and the palabok. Thanks to Salome and Ronnie for contributing the chicken , Carrot & Walnut cake and I don’t know how many kilos of fish maw for grilling They did not fit in our griller so I had to bake some of them. YUMMY! Of course, special thanks to Marissa and Maricon ( our nieces)who brought some empanadas and spaghetti and to Melende who cooked the Menudo. Hmmm! What did I do? Oh baked the fish and decorated the cake. Hehehe! Too bad some people were absent especially our two babies in Cebu (Jimboy and Crissy) who can’t get home for their dad’s bday but we do understand. Congrats to Jimboy for his promotion as supervisor. It’s about time Baby Jim! We are happy for you. Anyway, they will be here next weekend to treat their dad.

The most special gift dad received was of course a long call from his Baby Girl No. 1 Edrica and her hubby Marc who are in Maryland USA. She really stayed awake till 12-1:30 a.m. to talk to almost everybody. Thanks for the call nak! And of course your contribution for dad’s party. Hehehe! I tried taking more pictures but I guess I spent more time talking . HIHIHI!

We had lotsa food, so the eating continued till dinner. The girls went out for some girly talks and we just had a break of playing mahjong. Oh thanks for Rachel’s presence ,we had a quorum. HAHAHA! Then the eating started again. Oh dear we are suppose to lose some weight for JR’s wedding in June.

By 8 pm, we are all full ( we should be) and decided to say goodbye. I know dad was so happy for his party and I am so glad that he really had fun. He’s now 60 years old.! WELCOME TO THE 60’s DAD! We love you so much!

No comments: